• Dual bypass relay to mitigate powerless car scenario
• Single model 24 – 110 VDC (±30%) power range
• WeOS – resilient networking configurations
• Surge resistance and isolation
• Magnetic field immunity & conducted emission
• Shock and vibration
• IP65 anti-condensation GORE-TEX® membrane
• Ambient temperature –40°C (–40°F) to +70°C (+158°F)
• High MTBF, 305,000 hours
• Post production testing exceeding EN 50155 mandatory requirement
• Burn in and isolation test on all units
• Manufactured according to IPC-A-610D class2
The RFR-212-FB has been specially designed to allow the creation of a fault tolerant Ethernet backbone structure in trains. The dual bypass relay ensures that aggregated links between carriages are maintained, even if one carriage has a power failure. The Westermo WeOS operating system provides an extensive suite of IP networking standards allowing resilient and flexible networks to be created, meeting the needs of the rail market.
As is critical for all equipment to be installed in rail vehicles, the RFR-212-FB has been externally tested across the complete spectrum of standards required by EN 50155.
Westermo understand that systems on railcars are required by the EN 50155 standard to have a useful life of 20 years, so as well as using the highest quality components to deliver extended MTBF figures, we also implement features like the GORE-TEX® membrane in the IP65 enclosure to prevent water build up in the units.
The EN 50155 standard requires mandatory performance and isolation testing. Not only does Westermo meet these, we exceed them in order to meet the additional manufacturer requirements for train control. Westermo’s Swedish factory has been building Ethernet switches for the railcar market for many years now and understands the measures that are required to provide the highest quality manufactured solutions.
Beim Zusammenstellen eines neuen Zugverbandes mit einem oder mehreren Wagen muss das Netzwerk automatisch neu konfiguriert werden. Das TTDP (Train Topology Discovery Protocol) im RedFox-Backbone-Router für Züge ermöglicht eine schnelle Neu- oder Rekonfiguration. Weiterer Vorteil: Das Betriebspersonal der Betreibergesellschaft muss nicht eigens hinsichtlich der Netzwerkfähigkeiten geschult werden.
Customer service, Westermo North America