• 19 ports including 11 gigabit ports
• Powerful dual core CPU
• Advanced WeOS layer3 functionality
• Low power consumption AC power supply
• Highly configurable fault I/O contact
• Ultra-robust IP 40 19” rack/wall-mount housing
• 123 000 hours MTBF to MIL-HDBK-217K
• -40 to +55 °C without ventilation holes
• Industrial and trackside type tested
• Simple web configuration with professional CLI
• Network IP Security and remote access
• Multiple network resilience solutions
The RFIR (RedFox Industrial Rack) is a high performance layer 3 industrial Ethernet switch designed for high network traffic applications. Various port configurations are available that can be further customised with SFP transceivers. RFIR is powered by the Westermo WeOS network operating system.
RFIR is designed for 19” cabinet according to ETSI standard making it suitable for use in control room networks as well as for cabinets installed along railway trackside installations. RFIR is designed to run efficiently from an AC power supply, the unit is also equipped with configurable I/O fault contact that make it ideal for easy installation and monitoring in industrial applications.
Only industrial grade components are used which gives the RedFox an MTBF of 123 000 hours and ensures a long service life. A wide operating temperature range -40 to +55 °C (-40 to +131 °F) can be achieved with no moving parts or cooling holes in the case. RFIR has been tested both by Westermo and external test houses to meet many EMC, isolation, vibration and shock standards, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial environments and rail trackside application.
WeOS has been developed by Westermo to allow us to offer cross platform and future proof solutions. WeOS can deliver unique IP security functionality for this class of product, for instance a Multiport DMZ can be constructed by utilising the internal port based firewall function. Remote secure access to a network can be provided using encrypted VPNs. For more WeOS functionality, please see the WeOS datasheet.
Customer service, Westermo North America